POLL: Will your parents allow you to marry outside of your race?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Best answer

My parents were not at all happy about the fact I'd become engaged to a Welsh man (I'm English) but it was much worse than that because, after the marriage I discovered that his parents and virtually the whole of his relatives absolutely hated ALL English people. I've never had to listen to such hateful people before, as they threw at me all the atrocities inflicted upon their ancestors hundreds of years ago by THE ENGLISH. You'd have thought that I and my entire family had committed those atrocities by ourselves. I'm not stating that those atrocities did not take place but their attitude was worse than many Brits' feelings about the Germans in the early days after WW2.

If my dad and my 'mum-in-law to be' could have stopped that marriage they would have done so but we were both close to 30 years old and knew our own minds.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Questions about the answerer are not allowed here.

None of my extended family pretend that humans come in races

• 5 months ago

They don't care...

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Only if she's white,

Wait my Mexican mother claims she's white so that may not count.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • A C
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

My parents would have. Someone with Level 7 should move this to Other Cultures and Groups.

• Snid
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

They would have.

• Emdog
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

I would imagine most seniors parents are dead by now, and seniors have certainly reached an age where they can make their own decisions. I'm white with an Asian wife, fwiw

• 5 months ago

Is that a thing? Unless I need an inheritance?

• 5 months ago

what my parents think has no concern to me, since as an adult, I make those decisions myself

• 5 months ago

Yes. They like the guys I date a lot usually. They particularly liked the last one.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.