Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 5 months ago

so I work at a fudge factory and my coworkers like to make jokes about being fudge packers. do you find this humorous and silly?

@cogito, typical American that can't take crude jokes lightly.

in Britain, nobody would make a big deal out of it

poll some gay men and find out, not really.

• steve

I think it is funny. If I worked there and someone called me a fudge packer it would brighten my day and make me smile.

It was only funny before we all realized Jeffrey Dahmer also worked in a chocolate factory.

• John

There really are fudge factories outside of "Willy wonkers"n "the chocolate factory"? other countries besides America it's surprising to find out but people are downtrodden. So it's not just a joke they would tell the worker but depending on the mood they might introduce the worker to fudge packing.

And the worker can't even complain. Common law doesn't protect them. Bad situations for any but a few don't even make local copy.

So common humor is not all that funny to people here that were or are refugees from other countries.

Like Italians. As you find out if you research Italians in America they commonly had to wear iron panties in italy to protect themselves​, Frenchies theys another.

Here in America we cut their ***** off for crap like that in our vigilant vigilantism, which international lawyers for the elite have been trying to gut for centuries, but in general, find humor in the storytelling.

So at the right time in the right place there could be humor in that.

Occupational humor, some puns among trade. Like the one from job before retirement: Woman in shower hears door bell ring, ask on intercom who's there? answer was 'blind man' , woman thinks just a begger, give a dollar to him--and no need to put on bath robe or towel to open door. Man looks at her and say the Graber Roman Shades are prepaid delivery, mounting instruction in the box, color code indicates deep pink like your skin tone. Variations of joke use the product code numbers at times. Rayovac workers used to tell of domestic argument ended when wife drop box of AAA on husbands head, got charged "assualt WITH batteries'. Worked with a lady that had second job with ABS, joked about 'line of Bull' coding. For the humor impaired, business impaired : Graber is brand name for Window covering maker- a top 4 in market that has many 'window blinds' on market , Rayovac makes lot of batteries for lot of appliances , and ABS is a artificial insemination product provider for cows /dairy herds.

no, don't be silly.

• Bear

Would the advert - 'A finger of fudge is good enough to give the kids a treat..',still be allowed on television?

• Bear

Lon - If you remember having a finger of fudge as a youngster,who am I to judge! :)
      Never liked fudge,I was more of a 'What has a hazelnut in every bite..' person,by which,I mean a Topic and not squirrel sh*t.
      By the way can you remember 'Bleep and Booster',Gigantor or Pogles Wood?

If you work at a fudge factory, I imagine there there is push for productivity, so you are underpaid and abused fudge pushers for profit. If it it is a good fudge factory, then you fudge it.

Just like I work at a boxing gym where clowns practice their boxing and my coworkers are always making jokes about punching the clown. And just like my friend works at the monkey house in a zoo where trainers are always having to discipline the monkeys so they make jokes about spanking the monkey. And just like my other friend works at a shop where they detail cars and is always complaining about all the rim jobs his boss makes him give customers.

• Lôn

I find it silly that you and many others start their sentences with 'so'.

STOP IT, it's annoying.

John....

Starting a sentence with 'so' is annoying?

What do you do as a job?......So I'm a librarian.

The 'so' is superfluous.

It's saying 'like' many times in a sentence that's wrong.

"I was LIKE walking along the LIKE street when a man LIKE approached me, he was LIKE 'Hi gorgeous' and I was LIKE...wow!"

• Lôn

Yes, tidier than your whole house, I should imagine...you're probably a hoarder.