I only wear dresses and skirts on special occasions, is this normal?

I am a 26-year-old female and I realized recently that I never wear dresses. I will wear a skirt or dress on special occasions but I never wear them as day-to-day wear. I usually wear jeans or shorts and I do wear dressy blouses. Is it strange or is this normal?

Normal. I’m 27 and I’ve always been more comfortable wearing skinny jeans than skirts or dresses, it’s just personal preference. However, it can be nice to look more feminine now and then so you could try buying a couple of everyday type skirts, even if just to wear with tights in winter, which is what I did recently. The main reason I don’t like wearing them is I feel they draw more attention to you and I prefer to blend in, but I’m trying to step outside my comfort zone a little more. Not saying you have to as well - just a suggestion :) or if it’s summer where you live you could buy a casual dress to wear when you hang out with friends or something.

• Boomerful3 weeks agoReport

In the summer, dresses can actually be quite cool and comfortable. Esp. if the fabric is breathable.

I LOVE TO SEE LADIES WEARING SKIRTS,DRESSES AND HEELS. That has always turned me on and the girls look great too. I sure do miss the pantyhose. No ladies or older women I guess never wear a girdle or a slip either now days. I loved when my wife did. That tightness around her parts just did something for me.

Yes almost every female does this lol

Yeah, not everyone wear dresses.

It seems to be these days. I always notice in old movies people dressed up more. Women wore dresses. Men got dressed up too. Now I don't see women undressed much even in an office environment.

• Boomerful3 weeks agoReport

It's kind of sad, isn't it?  I've noticed people in airports look like SLOBS! Used to be we would dress nice in public at least. 

• Rick

It's normal for many women these days. If you feel good when you do wear a dress or skirt, consider wearing them more often.

Don't you have a job that requires you to wear a skirt and dress smart?

It is normal and practical.

• kristy

I’d say it’s normal

I think that's fine. A great many liberal soy-boys now wear dresses pretty much everyday, but that's a personal preference.