Does heroin cause memory loss or brain damage?

My mom used to do heroin and she just seems so ' off '. I'll bring up things from my childhood and she says they never happened or that I remember them wrong. She has a hard time focusing on things. She has the brain of a child in a way. She can barely read or anything. I think some of the reasons she has issues is because she spent like 10 years doing heroin. But I don't know. What are the side effects of it?

I don't know I can't remember

• Toruko

Yes. That brain would never be harvested for a new life elsewhere.

Yes absolutely it can

• Joe

Of course it can ! Let this be a lesson to all you kids out there. !

Any drug does. Even alcohol.

Absolutely yes. It causes a lot of damage to the brain, which is why she is that way.

• Alfred

it can definitely cause brain damage...yes

No, but she might have ADD. In addition, when people are high on heroin, their awareness is sharply restricted - mostly they're fixated on how to get more heroin.

Heroin is adulterated when sold retail - it has to be, as pure heroin is lethal. Generally milk sugar is used to cut it, but some dealers will use anything handy. Who knows what contaminants she got.

yes it does and so does being black

• 5 months agoReport

i hate nîggers so damn much