will stump grinding damage my house?

Hi, I got a tree stump that is about 6-7 feet away from my house. It's diameter is about 2-3 feet wide. If I hire someone to grind it, will it damage my foundation, wall, windows, etc? thank you!

Favorite Answer

Why are you destroying a nature made Stump Chair …sand it down smooth, stain and varnish it and it will be your hold on life and when your old you can sit on it wondering through time the many loves who will sit on the stump only a few be with you, of the many. Place a simple name over the stump like The Love Seat hide it a little and only time will foretell the story of what happens on the stump...and without a doubt it will always be a place to fine peace with God....

No, better to remove the tree before roots damage any pipes

Is it the male version of twerking?

• gerald

no but idiots doing it may its life

• Kaz

No, if you hire a reputable company they take safety measures. I had that done and they used sheets of plywood - leaned up against my house - covering my windows - so there was no damage. The grinding process will not damage your foundation - the roots of the tree you are removing may have already damaged it - but that would have nothing to do with the grinding.

No. Stump grinding will just remove the stump with no other effects.

Seems very unlikely, but it rather depends on the design and state of your foundations. Window protection might be a wise precaution.