Why the Flip Flop?

Starting with Aristotle and up to the late1920s the universe was static and eternal. Fashionable religions were fine with it. Even insisted on it.

...now it seems everybody...Christians, Mormons, Muslims, Catholic....are all fine with the Big Bang.

Why the flip flop. Is religion in general, and the faithful in particular determined to shape their theology based on scientific findings?

Is faith alone not enough?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

People in the modern world understand the concept of allegory. A literalist interpretation of the Genesis accounts is inappropriate, misleading, and unworkable [because] it presupposes and insists upon a kind of literature and intention that is not there.

• Joseph
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Why your confusion? Humans are one of the most adaptable species on the planet. Of course we absorb and adapt to new information. It's what we do. Right now I'm tapping away on a hand held device and I'm 60 years old, I was 20 when I first heard of the internet.

• 5 months ago

They're comfortable in hot weather.

Hey, SOMEBODY had to say it 😁

• DP.
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

The simple reason is because men have put their faith in other men and then tried to reconcile with faith in God.

Faith in God dictates literal six day creation. Nobody found anything other than this in the bible until scientists said the bible was wrong.

Faith in men dictates accepting what they say they can prove. I know this gets up the noses of evolutionist but it remains true. Look, I'll show why. I am yet to meet a believer who can legitimately claim they understand the science that allegedly supports evolutionary claims. EVEN IF evolution was absolutely true, unless an evolutionist understands the science they are simply trusting men (scientists) in what they say. If they did understand the science they would also understand the assumptions, lack of repetition (essential for true scientific evidence) and the variables of the unknowns such that they would only claim in their view evolution is more likely and NOT that it is proven.

The sad reality is with faith in God try to reconcile that faith with their faith in men.........and they end in a mess!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • sarah
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Satan has hidden the truth in many false religions and he plays with humans like the game of thrones. By making a variety of religions and telling humans God likes you guys best they will go to war and kill others. Thinking God is on their side. Yet, when we read the bible it clearly shows before the flood of Noah's day he drowned the people because they were to violent. So God hates violence. Yet, religion keeps numerous useless wars to make a few rich. The demon of that nation or spirit person who is leading them are cold towards humans and keeps numerous war when humans say I refuse to do that anymore the wars will continue.

• 5 months ago

Many religions feel threatened by science, as many times it is not compatible with the Bible. The universe being created in six days and man coming from dirt, as hard for many to swallow.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

"Is faith alone not enough?

It's never enough for believers. And the proof is openly evident.

Why do you think they COME UNGLUED every time something like

a "Shroud of Turin" suddenly pops up? Religious people shyte themselves silly!!

They NEED proof because their own faith in their cult is weak and lame.

They know it. We know it. The whole world knows it...

In fact, these fake little "evidences" of their cult -- look what happens when they are disproven... they STILL cling to then and demand they are real, when it's already been proven they are not. LMFAO! (See the DoucheBerry here called Shroud of Turin - a perfect example of the mindlessness I describe here)

They NEED them to be real proof to evidence they're cult, and of course, they never are, and always turn out to be false/fraud.

The HILARIOUS PART: proof would destroy the need for faith - the foundation of their belief system.

Yet they cannot help but search for proof, even go so far as to claim they HAVE proof (NCWJ and others make that claim EVERY DAY here) -- and if they did have proof, then faith becomes NUL,

and their whole cult belief system crumbles all around them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.