Could I use this trick to get in and out of the DMV much quicker?

At my local DMV the wait time averages about 2 hours. When your number is up an automated voice announces it and it flashes on a TV screen. Such as: "Now serving G127 at window number 9." But the clerk has never actually asked to see my ticket when I get to the window. They just take my word for... show more At my local DMV the wait time averages about 2 hours.

When your number is up an automated voice announces it and it flashes on a TV screen.

Such as: "Now serving G127 at window number 9."

But the clerk has never actually asked to see my ticket when I get to the window. They just take my word for it.

There are a lot of no shows. People sometimes get fed up with waiting and leave. Sometimes they are in the bathroom, outside smoking or just not paying attention.

When that happens the automated voice calls the number 2 more times over the course of about 5 minutes then kicks the number out of the system.

Suppose I wait for the first no show, and if on the third and final call no one goes up, I go up and claim the spot.

Lol could that work to get me in and out in about 15 minutes?