Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 5 months ago

Should I take him to the doctor?

My baby has just been acting unusual today. Idk how to explain it but he’s just not acting “normal” he’s not fussy like he ALWAYS is, he just lays there and is kinda just acting sick. I know he has an ear infection and he’s been on medicine for 6 days now. His body is a little warm so I took his temperature and it’s in the normal range.. he’s just always fussy about this time and all he’s been really doing is just laying there kicking.

• In

I take it this is your first baby. He is not running a fever. The antibiotics appear to be working although they probably account for the lethargy. Stop worrying and enjoy the quiet while you can.

If hes eating, drinking and no fever I probably wouldnt unless hes a newborn like a month old. Hes sick, he has an ear infection... when I am sick I like to relax too. Seems fine to me.

Since a baby has NO way to tell what's wrong - take him to a Doctor - NOW!

CALL your pediatrician ASAP and talk with the doctor or a nurse. Explain in details what is going on including how much the child has eaten and drunk and eliminated. They can advise you whether or not to bring the baby in for a visit.

I would to put my mind at ease if not anything else

Why would you ask a bunch of strangers when your own baby is worrying you. Of course have him see a doctor.

Take the baby to the doctor