Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

Is meditation permitted in atheism?

You are attempting to commune with a Higher or unseen consciousness

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

there are NO RULES OR 'NORMAL', you can do whatever you want ....................

• 5 months ago

It's not a belief system and not a religion where things can be forbidden. It only means you don't happen to believe in any God.

• hart
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

you are schizophrenic

• Jake
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

The rosary is an excellent form of meditation. Catholicism is the One True Faith.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

The anonymous coward said in regard to meditation, and I quote "You are attempting to commune with a Higher or unseen consciousness". But that's not what meditation is. Therefore your post is an indication of either dishonesty, or ignorance. Which is it?

• Wundt
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It isn't a matter of 'permitted,' you either believe in God or you don't. That is the only defining characteristic of atheism. As long as your meditation isn't somehow related to a belief in God then you are still an atheist.

• 5 months ago

Strict atheism would probably say no, actually. Relaxation with no other agenda would be good. Meditation to get in touch with a higher power or search for a cosmic meaning or to achieve Nirvana is not really atheist is it?

• TheBellJar
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

I don't think there is any such thing as "strict atheism." It's not a belief system and not a religion where things can be forbidden. It only means you don't happen to believe in any God.

• Caesar
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I am attempting to relax with music... the only higher thing there is high notes, something to meditate.. Atheism is just the honest disbelief in the invisible entities theist call gods...nothing else. But we understand why you need to post those lies and fantasies hiding under anonymous, meditate about that...

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Atheism isn't a club, religion, organisation or group.

We're just individuals who don't believe that God exists.

There are no rules, guidelines, tenets or 'permissions'.

Meditation is just another word for a period of quiet and calm, giving time to think or just allow the mind to drift.

No-one is attempting to 'commune' with anything.

• 5 months ago

I don't know.

What does their book of pages say?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

If daddy Dawkins accepts it

• TheBellJar
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

No atheist do not follow any leader. I'm not even an atheist. I'm New Age but I get sick of the stupidity of people not understanding what atheism means.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.