In pre trial hearing, would police have anything more than what they provided in their police report?

Favorite Answer

your lawyer needs to do " discovery " where ALL the evidence against you is available

I called the court and the pre trial hearing was just a waste of time where you plead guilty or not guilty.

I asked the court clerk if I could skip that and get a trial date. They let me but it did not really speed things up. It was a few months away.

Anyway, I finally went to court, the prosecutor tried to cut me a deal but I refused so it went in front of the judge and I was found not guilty. Then it was just a matter of waiting for them to refund my cash bond.

The entire bond thing is a scam. I was charged a non refundable bond fee whereas I could have not paid it and sat there an extra hour or two and saved the money. (Misdemeanor)

Live & learn. Hopefully I never have it happen again.

no they would not