Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 5 months ago

What is the best interstate route from Indianapolis to Atlanta and what cities will that route go through?

• Joseph

Take I-74 east toward Cincinnati to exit 164 in Indiana. Take Rt. 1 South to I-275 in Greendale, IN. While Rt 1 is not an Interstate it's a big shortcut rather than taking I-74 to I-275 and then doubling back. Cross into Kentucky on I-275 and take I-71/I-75 south (KY exit 84.) Stay on I-75 when I-71 and I-75 split and follow I-75 all the way to Atlanta. I-75 takes you around Lexington, KY and though Knoxville, TN and Chattanooga, TN. If you don't want to go through downtown Knoxville you can bypass the city on I-640.

Another way is for you to take I-65 south through Louisville, KY to Nashville, TN. In Nashville take I-24 East (southeast, actually) to Chattanooga to I-75. Just south of Chattanooga the I-24 takes you past the Lookout Mountain, site of a series of Civil War battles.

• In

Whatever you do, stay out of downtown Atlanta. I worked for the City of Atlanta for 9 months and couldn't get out of that sh!thole quick enough.

Stay in Indianapolis.... please

I-65 and I-24 and I-75 through Louisville and Chattanooga

What's your idea of 'best'? There's only two routes to choose from, anyway, if you want interstate the whole way. Put 'indianapolis to atlanta driving' in your search bar and you'll get a route from Google maps. Then you can see for yourself what cities you could go through.

Why does it matter?

Use Google Maps.