When it comes to vehicles, what make and model is best suited for rural, up-hill and down-hill driving?

This is so I'll know what car, truck, or whatever, in the future.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

All of them have been tested on this terrain setting and they all passed.

• David
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Anything with a big motor is always the best.

• 7 months ago

Rural means you will have cr@ppy road surfaces. They will be muddy and slippery with truck rubber and diesel fuel when it rains. Maybe covered with animal sh!t too depending where you live. Add some snow in winter maybe and the roads are not likely to be gritted... It'll be dark - DARK - at night and there's no help around when you need it.

I'd go for a 4WD ute (utility/truck/pick up) of some sort. Whichever make/model you like best or is supported locally for servicing and repairs. For hilly terrain go for a diesel rather than gasoline. If you can't deal with the running costs, get a regular SUV with part-time all wheel drive. Also a diesel. I would avoid getting a regular car. It will be fine most of the year, but it's only gotta let you down once for you to regret your choice.

• F
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

A tractor? A new modern one, not a little grey Fergie.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

One with a manual transmission that has 5 or 6 forward speeds and a close gear ratio through the lower gears. That's going to make going to make hill starts and going up and down hills on rural roads a better driving experience where an optimal gear for every incline will be available and braking will be minimized, which is especially important in snow country.

Lv 7
    7 months ago

Although it's obviously bad on gas, a four wheel drive with a V8 engine would be best. Something like a Ford Expedition.

Attachment image
  • ?
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

What do you mean by "best suited?" Your own parameters could potentially make a tricycle the best answer.

I mean the reality is that, since you didn't specify a dollar amount and you did not specify that having the ability to turn was in the criteria, the sky is the limit, even including something in the form of a railway locomotive/monster truck hybrid sort of thing. I could well imagine that would have no problems going up and down hills.

• ...Show all comments
    • ?
      Lv 6
      7 months agoReport

If gas mileage is your biggest concern, then a motorcycle will always be king. Otherwise, a quick Google search shows Hyundai Ioniq as being great in that category for city. Kia Niro is a big one for saving gas with SUVs.

• 7 months ago

What does your Dad drive?

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

A Humvee .

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

I think a toyota tacoma.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.