Is Atheism the cause of Gender Confusion and most other Identity Disorders?

i notice a theme in much of Contemporary Christian music about "finding your identity" and then think of all the "who am i and what is my purpose" questions on here from Atheist Teens.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Best answer

Not in and of itself, but there is a subtle link going back centuries. Let me explain. Trans-sexualism and 'gender fluidity' has been identified as a threat to humanity for centuries, long before those modern phrases were invented.

There are warnings about the danger to humans of deliberately trying to treat one's sex as a fluid thing that can be moved in another direction, then go back again, if desired. Let me give you one example, which goes back to the ancient belief called Gnosticism. This is relevant because today Gnosticism is infiltrating many groups of people, including atheists. Here's what a 2019 booklet said about gnostic atheism.

Today, "Gnosticism presents a radically self-centred alternative gospel, proclaiming that salvation comes from inside, finding your true identity within. It denies the goodness of the Creator and the glory of his creation. It denies the Incarnation, the resurrection and the need for redemption. Gnosticism sets itself against true Christianity at every point." That fits atheists to a 'T'.

“Gnostics claim that the Male-Female distinction is a corruption - The distinction between men and women should be rejected as it is part of the useless creation order. The ideal is androgyny - a synthesis of male and female, and so neither one nor the other... Marriage is defined by feelings [and] becomes a disembodied and subjective relationship between any two (or more) people."

The booklet went on to say, "Gender Identity: Since 'the real you' is what you feel deep inside, the 'inner person' overrides all external factors - including objective biological reality. So, the transgender movement claims that 'gender identity' doesn't necessarily align with birth sex. A person can look within to 'write their own script' - whether that's male, female or some other ‘option’.”

That is why the godless are at the forefront of promoting transgenderism. They have an agenda and gullible children are being used by them as pawns. That is very wrong.

• 4 months ago

If we reject God, He will reject us and the demonic influences of SHEOL, our world, will take over and cause us to question our gender among many other things....

And, so-called “Common sense” will fly out of the window.

• 4 months ago

Well, why don't you also claim atheism is the cause of masturbation? Silly question.

• 4 months ago

Oh, yes! Atheism causes not only gender confusion but also speeding in traffic, pollen allergies, and voting to rip Hispanic children from the arms of their mothers at border crossings.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

i dont think it is

• 4 months ago

The theme of CCM is about finding your identity in Christ... who you are because of who He is and what He has done. The sexual identity thing is mostly LBGT and media propaganda, promoting a larger pool of consensual sex partners due to self doubt, lusts and desires.. regardless if they are atheists or not.

• Caesar
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Christianity is so clear they got hundreds of denominations... finding the true theology look confused enough for them all alone

• barty
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

No. "Who am I" is something that every healthy human goes through as part of adolescent development. Christian teens are often prevented from doing that normal, necessary exploration by religious leaders who forcefully impose answers on them and squash the normal process of finding one's own identity.

• 4 months ago

Sin leads to a distortion of the intellect (basically going insane). So imagining you are a different gender is pretty insane.

• i remember when i was a young teen i wanted to be the opposite gender because i thought life would be better if i had radically different traits. i think that's what it's about - a deep desire to be someone other than you.

• ?
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

That's an excellent question. I don't know the answer and I'm not going to bother thinking about it further after I end this sentence.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.