Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 5 months ago

Cooking cabbage. I watched videos online, and they stated to cook cabbage in an UNCOVERED pot. Why do they recommend the pot?

to be uncovered. I would think that if the pot was covered, it would cook better and quicker. So WHY?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Because a head of cabbage is huge and round - which MUST be cooked in a pot.

• 5 months ago

No idea. Some years ago when we were on Atkins/Keto our housekeeper suggested fried cabbage. It's delicious, just season with salt and pepper AND the cooking odor is minimal.

• 5 months ago

Covering it traps liquid and could make the dish runny.

• 5 months ago

So cover the pot and see if it makes a difference.

I never cover the pot when I cook cabbage unless I am cooking it with other ingredients.

its not rocket science. you can do as you choose.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

You didn't bother to tell us what the recipe is for.

"Why do they recommend the pot?" Are you seriously asking why it makes sense to cook cabbage in a pot? I guess you could use a cookie sheet or muffin tins or your coffee maker if it pleases you. Again, we have no clue what you're making.

I often wonder how some people are able to put on their own pants.

• 5 months ago

Because people offering recipes on videos or any other way are not required to know anything about cooking (and many don't).

• NONAME
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

i think because it turns to mush under pressure...im thinkin saukraut here...

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

That's so your whole house can have the fragrant aroma of boiled cabbage.

• 5 months ago

Maybe so that it is not soggy? I am not sure sorry

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.