Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 5 months ago

Cooking cabbage. I watched videos online, and they stated to cook cabbage in an UNCOVERED pot. Why do they recommend the pot?

to be uncovered. I would think that if the pot was covered, it would cook better and quicker. So WHY?

Because a head of cabbage is huge and round - which MUST be cooked in a pot.

No idea. Some years ago when we were on Atkins/Keto our housekeeper suggested fried cabbage. It's delicious, just season with salt and pepper AND the cooking odor is minimal.

Covering it traps liquid and could make the dish runny.

So cover the pot and see if it makes a difference.

I never cover the pot when I cook cabbage unless I am cooking it with other ingredients.

its not rocket science. you can do as you choose.

You didn't bother to tell us what the recipe is for.

"Why do they recommend the pot?" Are you seriously asking why it makes sense to cook cabbage in a pot? I guess you could use a cookie sheet or muffin tins or your coffee maker if it pleases you. Again, we have no clue what you're making.

I often wonder how some people are able to put on their own pants.

Because people offering recipes on videos or any other way are not required to know anything about cooking (and many don't).

• NONAME

i think because it turns to mush under pressure...im thinkin saukraut here...

That's so your whole house can have the fragrant aroma of boiled cabbage.

Maybe so that it is not soggy? I am not sure sorry