What is the best microphone to use for ASMR on a CAMCORDER?

I have a vixhia hf r80 and want to do some asmr videos. It has a place to plug in an external mic. Is this going to even be possible for asmr? I’m not finding the type of microphones I would need that would plug in to this.

I have two Canon Vixia camcorders and both work great with either the built in mics (try that first) or an external mic. A clip on type mic works well in situations where you are not moving around much:

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-Omnidirectio...

Any of the Rode brand video mics will work well too.

I actually prefer connecting a mic to the camcorder when possible. That way you do not need to play around with syncing your audio after words which you would need to do with an external audio recorder.

• Iridflare

"That way you do not need to play around with syncing your audio"
      Just clap your hands so there's a nice spike to sync with.

Try a Tascam DR-05 recorder for your audio.

It will beat any ordinary camcorder's sound quality.

Given that camcorders have a poor reputation for recording audio, even with an external mic, I'd look at using a field recorder instead - Zoom make some good ones, and the prices are very reasonable.