g asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 5 months ago

ate slmething from a warped microwaved plastic, will i be okay?

hi, i warmed up something in a plastic for about 15 seconds. i know that was a dumb idea on my part, but bare with me. i noticed when i took it out that the plastic got a bit warped/melted?. i took it out to put in a glass container to microwave the rest of the way. it was melted cheese, btw.

the recycle symbol on the bottom of the plastic said 06. i read online that that plastic can have toxins in it.

basically, am i gonna be okay after eating some of the cheese that was in the warped plastic container? i m a very paranoid person and i don t know what to do.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

    15 seconds wouldn't be enough to warp the plastic. It was probably already like that

  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    hopefully you will, just call your doctor if you have problerns

  • CB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    It is FINE - I do this every time I microwave fresh corn on the cob or other vegetables. Walking across a street is much more dangerous for longevity

  • 5 months ago

    i wouldnt worry about it unless you start to have problerns and then you can call your doctor about it

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

    It wouldn't be a health hazard if you only did it once.

    • g5 months agoReport

      probably not the first time i've done it,, but i probably don't do it enough to be concerning hm. thank u

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.