Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

How do disabled Christians who will likely never marry control their sexualities?

This is probably not the best forum for this because it isn't entirely Christian, but I am looking for thoughts from a Christian perspective. Paul says that those burning with passion should marry and its the classic answer to how to really deal with your sexuality, but what if you're crippled in a way that makes prospects of marriage hopelessly bleak? What do you do then? I am not sure I'm strong enough to just remain a lifelong celibate and diligently control my hormones every hour of my life.. Are there any lifelong celibates or professional fapstronauts that can give me some advice?

• Jake

A person can battle lust and other sins using the rosary and fasting.

Hetero marriage is the one single thing that brings us closest to God. It allows him to share with us the power of creation and adds entire dimensions to our lives we cannot obtain in any other way. Not all people want that. I suppose marriage isn't for everybody. But we remain responsible for what we do. That doesn't generally change.

Sex-bot......It is neither adultery or fornication.

• susan

I once knew a man who was quadriplegic, unemployed, poor, and had kind of a douche personality. If there was ever somebody that I thought could never find a mate it was him. But he did, and he was married to her for 5 years and they had 3 kids. So you never know.

I realize this doesn't actually answer your question. I'm challenging your premise.

I suspect that "disabled people" deal with their sexuality in a much healthier way that those that swear to be celibate Remember that Paul made it clear that his views on marriage where his opinion and we do not see them backed up in the rest of the Scripture and not only that, his comments were directed to those dedicated to church leadership and not the average follower -- understanding that the church was very, very different from any church (catholic, protestant or any of the other sects) that exist today.

I don't know why you think disabled people have a giant libido they have trouble controlling. I thought that mentality was finally dead. I am a disabled person and believe me when I tell you that there isn't anything to control. It's pure choice. Sex doesn't interest me. It isn't evil according to my religion. It can be had between a man and his wife but I don't want to get married and I'm not interested in sex.

Source(s): Christian
  • What does one have to do with the other? Disabled people get married too.

• God

The Palm Sisters.