omnipaper6 asked in HealthMental Health · 5 months ago

Is it true that everything happens for a terrible reason?

Why if so or not and how does someone come to believe this?

Update:

this was answered for philosophy and not mental health because reason is the whole idea behind philosophy and even though mental health has reason to it, that is definitely not the category in which this question has been worded

Update 2:

also this has absolutely nothing to do with relationships. heartbreak doesn't have to be about dating at all. THIS IS ABOUT BEING SAD (HEARTBREAK) because horrific occurrences have occurred. NOT the other way around (just hoping this category does not get switched to that either)

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Best answer

its true i have so much heartbreak in my life

• 5 months ago

That is what your mind says, reality is you have become stronger and better 💫

• A C
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

No. Everything happens for a reason but it doesn't have to be a terrible one. I believe that God's sovereignty and our free will work together in all matters. For believers in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, all things work together for their good; Romans 8:28.

Source(s): The New Testament (recommended reading)
  • jehen
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes and no. Everything happens for a reason - by the laws of physics, thermodynamics, entropy, random quantum fluctuations, and both the presence and purposeful actions of living creatures. There is no puppet master, not even God, orchestrating every thought, deed, action or event to some purpose, working for you or against you. To be sure, sometimes bad things happen to good people, and bad people have blessings showered upon them. This is not God punishing the righteous or rewarding the wicked. God's plan does not make the righteous immune from the laws of physics or ravages of time on this earth. But God is for us, and works through us. So it is incumbent on us to listen and find meaning, growth, and power in the terrible things that happen to us and others. God's will is that we love and support one another in our trials, to as much as we can, make heaven on Earth

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dv8s
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Everything happens for a reason, be that terrible, or fantastic. It all boils down to, what you give back. If you give back to mankind, terrible things, then terrible things will happen.

• j153e
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Every happening thing has a reasonable, explanatory cause (usually many causes)..

God is Love, so the terror is more either fear of the unknown and/or a sense of "tangled veils" of misqualified energy. Give it all to God, ask for help and blessings, and help is give on some level.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No it's obviously not true and anyone who believes this or would even ask is obviously in need of mental health intervention.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I have never heard that. That’s because the saying is “everything happens for a reason”. ‘Terrible’ is not part of the saying.

• 5 months ago

I believe that God works everything for our good, eternally speaking.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.