How can I make a simple zabaglione flavoured ice-cream?

If I get some vanilla ice-cream and put it in a blender for 10 seconds along with a couple of egg yolks and add some brandy is that pretty much what zabaglione is? I just want to keep it simple.

Your way will make an eggy, alcoholic milkshake.

Zabaglione is whipped egg yolks and sugar that are heated enough to sortof froth up. It’s not a simple thing to make at home but TOTALLY worthy making a bunch of time so you can master the process.

I used to help with a local cooking school and zabaglione was what we would make for the dessert course, we’d serve it over strawberries with a little ice cream. It was amazing. When I finally decided to try my hand at it I made it over and over til I mastered it. Wonderful stuff. In fact, I haven’t made it in a few years, I think I’ll pull out my recipe and make it this weekend...

Yeah that will work. Add more vanilla.

• Nope. Raw egg yolks aren't going to cut it. You could try to buy some instant custard mix (Bird's). Not sure if you'd need to turn it into custard or just use the mix - but that would be a fun experiment. Personally I use Marsala in my zabaglione.

And thanks for giving me an interesting idea for a new ice cream flavor to make (the real way)!

if you put this question on the search ar it rnight give you directions on how to do it