How do churches keep atheists from attending mass?

In any congregation at least 1 out of 3 people are atheists, this is a proven statistical certainty.

If there are 100 people at Sunday mass there will be at least 30 of them atheist.

How can atheists be prevented from participating, is there a password or secret sign that could be used? Or a tattoo or microchip implant?

If the number of atheists attending is higher than 50 percent should the mass be cancelled?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm not a Catholic but church isn't a snooty club for people who have it all together. Atheists are and should without a shadow of a doubt be welcome in almost every place of worship I've been to thus far. Jesus came for the lost. How can anyone reach them if only members are allowed to participate?

Source(s): Christian
  • 6 months ago

Why would any atheist attend church? Are you listening to yourself?

• 6 months ago

You can't, and in fact, you shouldn't. Maybe they are seeking God - and just maybe, they will find Him in the mass. Here's hoping!

• 6 months ago

Many churches do not preach the truth. They preach in order to make the congregants feel warm and fuzzy rather than preaching God's laws.

1. God doesn't permit divorce 2. God doesn't permit premarital sex 3. God doesn't permit sexual deviancy {fetish} 4. God doesn't permit abortions 5. God doesn't permit feminism 6. God doesn't permit bestiality 7.God doesn't permit the placing of mohamed or Allah on equal level as him and jesus 8. God doesn't permit transgenderism 9. God doesn't permit vainglory 10. GOD DOES NOT PERMIT SODOMY!

I'd you preach the Bibpe the atheist will naturally be repelled.

• ...Show all comments
    • Corvus Blackthrone
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

1. Matt 5:32. 2. Heb 3:14 3. Rom 1 24-28 4. Exo 20 1-17 5. Cor 14 33-36. I could go on but each of these has been spoken in the bible.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I don`t get your point.

• ...Show all comments
    • Everard
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

@Asker - CAPTCHA isn't allowing me to answer directly so...

Public masturbation is frowned on.
      You should cease immediately.
      ~

• 6 months ago

Well, for one, Christians lead by example by not showing up to mass themselves.

NOT showing up to church has become something of a Christian pastime.

• I go to churches sometimes, they'll never catch me.

• 6 months ago

I don't understand, why do you think atheists would attend mass

• ...Show all comments
    • PhotonX
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

from church congregations every year, and that wouldn't be happening if many of them weren't genuine believers in the first place. http://www.churchleadership.org/apps/articles/default.asp?articleid=42346

• 6 months ago

What's worse is that we really cannot track the number of priests, ministers and preachers that are atheists but because they have wasted so much of their time and money in training that they literally cannot switch to another occupation. Our best estimates are that this percentage is much higher than the national average of 25% of atheists, agnostics and other "nones" (rather than your overly generous percentage of 33%)

• PhotonX
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Can you imagine how it must feel to belong to clergy all their lives only to realize, at age 45 or 50, that they no longer believe, but have few transferable job skills and no credentials to find another career? That has to be a truly bad feeling for anyone with a conscience.

• 6 months ago

Strange idea of what religion is meant to do. I thought it was to bring all into their way of thinking but you want to make it a closed club. Very odd and egotistical.

• 6 months ago

Churches are a place for sinners to find peace with God. They should not be kept out.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.