Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 months ago

What types of non-bread items, can be used as a replacement for bread while making sandwiches? I already know about lettuce wraps and?

pickle buns. What else can be used?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Burgers or veggie ones can be eaten between 2 sauted Portabello mushrooms [large ones].

• 4 months ago

as Lorraine said-low carb wraps and lavash and pita breads by Joseph's--they do taste good--but are very thin...

and if that isn't the issue and you really can't have kind of bread--just make deli rolls..

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Potato cakes or corn bread Tortillas, Papadoms. Rice flour wraps. Pancakes, crackers, Rivita,

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

You can make "cauliflower bread", and even toast up squares of caulflower into bread-shapes.

I have never tried this, but I have looked at and even printed off recipes for this off the internet, and will try the recipes at some point..

I have diabetes and need to lose weight, so I avoid white-flour foods.

https://lowcarbyum.com/keto-grilled-cheese/

https://kirbiecravings.com/cauliflower-bread/

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

If you're trying to cut carbs, you can also try to make a "keto bread" from scratch, although it might take some trial and error to find the right one for you and to balance the taste the best. There is also a brand called "Sola" I believe that makes low-carb bread but I have no idea what it tastes like.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Pita Bread tortillas lettuce bagels Batard Baguette Focaccia Croissant Italian ciabatta

• 4 months ago

If you're trying to cut carbs, they do make tortillas with 5 net carbs. They don't taste great, but they're not that bad either. When I want to avoid bread I use lettuce wraps - and you can vary the lettuce - I have used iceberg, romaine, butter lettuce. You can peel cucumbers and slice them vertically and use them the way you would pickle slices.

• Olive
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Soft tortilla Shells

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.