Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 5 months ago

is it legal for bikers to skip the line at a stop light?

Update:

Florida

10 Answers

Relevance
  • JetDoc
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best answer

No. "Bikers" whether on a bicycle OR a motorcycle MUST follow the same rules as everyone else who uses the roads. They MUST come to a full and complete stop at a stop light.

• JetDoc
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Sorry, Dan. Lots of people call bicycle riders "bikers". The term is NOT exclusive to people on motorcycles.

• 5 months ago

It's called lane splitting.

If the place you are in allows lane splitting, it is legal.

California is the only state in the USA that allows lane splitting. But it might be legal in other countries.

• Cap'n. America
      Lv 4
      5 months agoReport

No. 12 states have no say either way. That makes 13 total. In Any state, you can still get a ticket for reckless driving, if LS done unsafely.

• 5 months ago

"Skip the line" Please elucidate?

Not all who ride are : "bikers". Not even in UK.

I know it is illegal for any vehicle to not come to full stop before limit line at stop sign or red t. Many motorcyclists simply slow a lot, then go. Illegal but cops generally ignore if done safely. Motorcycle cops do it, too, I've seen 'em. A full stop requires at least one foot down.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Bikers can trip the light fantastic and skip for joy, we are all special and taste of cherries.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Of course it isn't.

• Dimo
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

ANYTHING is legal, unless it is specifically made illegal.

Unless the cops ticket for something, it is effectively legal.

• Dimo
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

You want me to believe never break any traffic law? It is impossible to that.

• 5 months ago

Even if not, I doubt any cop will think it's worth the paperwork.

• Cap'n. America
      Lv 4
      5 months agoReport

If : "skipping the line" is simply not making a complete stop on a motorcycle ( just going real slow), cops do it alla time.

• 5 months ago

Location matters a lot for a question like this one. It is legal in California, but I don't know about everywhere else in the world.

• don r
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No one is supposed to cross the limit line at a stop light. However, when a motorcycle cuts in line while all traffic is stopped, don't worry so much. Passing to the front of the line, lane splitting, but not technically running the redlight is not illegal. He'll be gone as soon as the light goes green and you can't catch him. Not your problem anymore, is it. When I see that happen I don't care. What do you think, you're waiting to pay a checkstand?

• Gabe
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Skip it and find out.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.