Would you consider Charlotte, NC to be a vacation destination?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Let's see, well.... it's got decent transport connections with a decent sized airport + an Amtrak station.

It's got the Carowinds Amusement Park straddled across the NC/SC border, with a branch of Cabela's near it on the SC side.

There's the Charlotte Motor Speedway + a Drag strip nr the county line seperating Mecklenburg County from Cabburus County.

Not too far away along the county line from the speedway is the Concord Mills shopping mall, which has a branch of Bass Pro.

Plenty of other shopping malls/parks dotted around the area apart from that.

Has an assortment of Museums dotted around the area, including:

* Carolinas Aviation Museum (at the airport)

* Billy Graham Library

* Backing Up Classics Motor Museum (near the Speedway)

* Roush Fenway Motorsport Museum (near Concord Regional Airport)

* North Carolina Auto Racing Hall of Fame (Mooresville)

* North Carolina Transportation Museum (Salisbury)

* C Grier Beam Truck Museum (Cherryville)

* NASCAR Hall of Fame (main area of the City)

Supposed to be pretty decent fishing in the Catawba River + the 2 big lakes it flows through

• 5 months ago

Not particularly. When you think of vacation in the U.S., California, NYC, Hawaii. Las Vegas, The Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, Florida, Washington D.C., The Pacific Northwest, and New England come to mind first, but Charlotte, NC has a lot of things to offer. Though not anything like Hollywood or the Statue of Liberty, there are still museums, parks, and lakes near Charlotte. I haven't ever been to Charlotte, but have heard that's a nice city to live and has a great reputation, but not a vacation destination. I know people who used to live there though. If you want a vacation in NC, you could found mountains in the western part of NC and beaches in the east, which are 2-4 hours drive from Charlotte, but still you could still go to places in Charlotte.

• Rajiv5 months agoReport

Source: Personal Knowledge and I know people who used to live in Charlotte.

• Jahal
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Nope. Nothin' except murderous Kkk awholes and some backwater creeks. Even the so called museums are just big garages for old cars and planes, no real artwork.

Go somewhere relaxing and scenic, like Hawaii or Alaska

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Not unless you consider visiting an urban area to vacation.

• In
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

"...to be a vacation". You apparently cannot edit an answer after one has been picked as best answer.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

No, and I used to live there. It's a very nice city, but not a vacation place.

• 5 months ago

Yes, I would. There's a lot to see and do including Lata Plantation and the Raptor Center.

• 5 months ago

There are other places I prefer to go.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.