Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 5 months ago

Do you think penalties should be the same in all states? For example the death penalty.?

It doesn't matter what I "think", the Constitution allows for states to make their own laws on such things (unless the Supreme Court says different).

No. I think we should follow the Constitution which states (specifically in the 10th Amendment) that anything not in the Constitution, the States can decide on their own.

Let the states decide as is their right. If I don't like what laws my state passes, I can move to one that is more in line with my sentiments. I prefer choice to rigid conformity.

Look what conservative states in the South and Midwest are doing with abortion, death penalty, anti-LGBT, etc. Recently an Alabama women was almost charged with manslaughter because she started a fight and she was shot and it caused the death of her unborn child. Do you really want that garbage in your state also (assuming you are not from one of those conservative, GOP, Midwest states)? Let states make their own decisions.

Also, if I can not commit murder, then the state should be allowed to wither (which is what the death penalty is).

• Henry

I think that shows they shouldn't.