Any good laptop under $1500 budget?

Hi,

I want to buy a new laptop but my budget is $1500. Can anyone suggest me the best laptop to buy in this budget?

The only brand that has NEVER let me down, personally, is Lenovo (they've also been named #1 Computer Manufacturer several years in a row, so...). I would go with a high-end Thinkpad or gaming computer from them, if anything. MAYBE their Yoga C930, but the keys/typing don't feel as nice as on the Thinkpads. Also, politely ignore what that Anon said about a MS Surface Book. Those have 0-1/10 scores on iFixIt for upgradability and repairability. If you try to open it up, you destroy it (iFixIt has a video on it!), and the SSD is soldered to the board, so you're SOL if it (or frankly, anything else) dies.

Gaming computer, business computer, photo editing computer, or just an ordinary daily use computer? Information about what you will be using the computer for will help get better answers.

• Fulano

It depends on what you want to do with it. What programs? Do the programs need fast cores? Do the programs support more cores? Do you run programs that need a fast GPU?

We can't suggest a good laptop for what you need unless we know what you need it for.

slogsder troggitsnogger

get one off pawn for 70-120 bucks, if you want a 1500 device go see the 20 somethings at best buy,they will be glad to help part with your hard earned money

• SRΛSC

People are recommending the recently refreshed 13" MacBook Pro these days. Could look into that.

• John

Chromebooks go for a third of that.

• Bill-M

Dell has several in that price range.

• martin

At that level, one wonders how "good" is defined. Usually you get a fine laptop for $420 or so on the Internet. Research indicates HP and Dell generally are best. Apple costs more.

• patty

I bought one last week. I went to a store I know always have sales. I got Dell.

Microsoft Surface Laptop 2, it's amazing.