Parents of teens: Would you ever consider letting your 16 year old go to a different country without you?

I got this really cool opportunity to go with a group of people from school over winter break (coming up this December) and learn about the healthcare system and government structure in another country. The program is sponsored by my school so we would be supervised by school staff. I’m not sure yet which country... show more I got this really cool opportunity to go with a group of people from school over winter break (coming up this December) and learn about the healthcare system and government structure in another country. The program is sponsored by my school so we would be supervised by school staff. I’m not sure yet which country I’d be going to because at this point is is narrowed down to three different possibilities. They’re all safe countries where there is no war going on or anything. I think this is an amazing opportunity because I want to be a nurse when I get older. I’m 16 years old. I work a part time job on weekends and have some money saved up from work and babysitting the neighbors kids so I’d be able to pay for my own trip.