Has lupus caused irreversible end of life disease with you?

I am a 39 year old married mother of 2. I’ve had lupus symptoms since around 15 that I can recall, but was diagnosed in 2008. I’ve been on chronic prednisone therapy and cannot stop taking it because it causes addisonian crisis and Addison’s disease. Lupus has made me totally deaf in 1 ear, caused kidney... show more I am a 39 year old married mother of 2. I’ve had lupus symptoms since around 15 that I can recall, but was diagnosed in 2008. I’ve been on chronic prednisone therapy and cannot stop taking it because it causes addisonian crisis and Addison’s disease. Lupus has made me totally deaf in 1 ear, caused kidney fauailure acutely, has affected my lungs, at 1 point causing blood in the air pockets of my lungs. I am on oxygen 4aLiters constantly due to lupus making my liver and spleen so. Large I look 9 months pregnant with twins. My liver was 23 inches when last measured 2 years ago on ultrasound. I can only lay on my left side due to pain and breathing issues. My heart has been affected. Of course the joint issues and the extreme fatigue and feeling awful. My whole body is atrophying away. Up until about 4 years ago I could take care of myself and everybody, now I’m on hospice and can’t do anything.
2 answers 2