If there are any laws that do not allow passengers on a ship(boat) to drink before or while boarding the ship, please let me know :)?

• fuzzy

In a Moslem country which bans alcohol then this would be the case

• Cap'n. America

Not Aboard ship if anchored d in ocean. Many cruise ships have launches out to them. No one owns the sea.

In reference to What? Singapore Might have such a law about on the gangplank when it is is technically in their country. Singapore restricts smoking. Not aboard ship,if anchored in the sea. Many cruise ships anchor out and launches from shore take passengers off/on. Ocean belongs to no one. Maybe a fresh water lake.

Cruise ships Hand you a Mai Tai as soon as you've topped the gangplank. Booze sales =profits, restrictions = less profits and unhappy passengers who wont sail with them again and give bad references.

Laws? Probably not. Rules set forth by the company? Yes, they have the right to kick you off at any time.

• Cap'n. America

Cant even endanger a bus passenger by kicking them off in middle of Mojave Desert in August or something.

I believe it's just the operator of the boat who has to be careful about how much he, or she can drink. In my opinion I think it would be better if the operator didn't drink anything.

I didn't see anything in my boating course about passengers drinking.

• RICK

No laws that I am aware of other then the law that says the company that owns the boat/ship can establish their own rules on consumption of alcoholic beverages

• Ron

There are no laws, only the rules of the ship

There is one law for anything to do with shipboard duties. It's called THE CAPTAIN. He/she is God aboard their ship and what they say goes.

If you are drunk and causing offence prior to boarding they can refuse to allow you to board.

If you are constantly drunk during the voyage and causing disruption or adversely affecting the safe passage of the vessel they can have you put ashore at the next port of call.

Back in the day they'd just quietly tip you overboard.

• Cap'n. America

Maybe a disorderly slave in the 16th century. Not a paid passenger on a cruise ship. That has be case lawed as manslaughter.

The big question is WHERE? It's a big world and the laws are not universal. In many places an open container with an alcoholic beverage shall not be carried aboard and can lead to arrest. In other jurisdictions an obviously intoxicated person may not be allowed to board and may be arrested for public intoxication.

• Cap'n. America

Ships, boats are Private and laws do not apply except in public and public roadways. The ocean belongs to no one. You cant even own beachfront property below the high tide mark. Only above it.

no such laws when I went on my last cruise I could start drinking straight away.