Why can’t I stop twirling my sideburns?

Hi I’m an 18 year old guy and I have noticed for a while (over a year or so) I have a random compulsion to twirl only my sideburns. It happens randomly and it is really hard to stop.i just like the feeling of the texture of my sideburns in between my fingers and I twirl and pull a little at them. As I’m doing it... show more Hi I’m an 18 year old guy and I have noticed for a while (over a year or so) I have a random compulsion to twirl only my sideburns. It happens randomly and it is really hard to stop.i just like the feeling of the texture of my sideburns in between my fingers and I twirl and pull a little at them. As I’m doing it I’m thinking to myself, why am I doing this? I do this when I’m alone thinking about things and when I’m in public sometimes. In public I try to hide it because it’s weird. I have also noticed that the night before a math exam I was studying a study guide, kinda stressed out and I couldn’t stop doing it. I read about trichollionoma, I have never been diagnosed with anything like anxiety. I’m a pretty shy guy but I feel like people who say they have anxiety and stuff are just asking for attention like everyone gets it right? If there are any experts on this subject what do you think I should do? Thank you
2 answers 2