Connor asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 year ago

I'm 15 (almost 16) and my foreskin doesnt retract properly. Help?

I can fully retract my penis when I'm in the shower but I cant when it's dry. Most of the time is painless. Should I just keeping stretching it daily?

• 1 year ago

Yes, keep stretching it, you can also get a cream from the Dr. that will help you stretch it easier and more quickly. I've known guys who stuck a clean marble in there to keep constant pressure on the skin to stretch it out faster.

• 1 year ago

Yes, you should keep trying. If not when you're older, you may want to get circumcised or something like that.

• 1 year ago

Talk to your doc. Even if it is embarrassing. Docs do all kind of stuff, like digital rectal exams, so don't worry about it. The doc can't help unless told about a problem.

Current medical practice is stretching with a topical corticosteroid [Rx], and if that doesn't work preputioplasty aka a dorsal slit. Circumcision is NOT the answer and no competent doc will recommend it. Don't amputate half the nerves in your willy !

• Roddy
    1 year ago

Your foreskin should have become fully, freely and painlessly retractable by 8 years old, if not sooner. Your parents ought to have checked that you could freely retract and fought you to do so daily to clean away the waste material called smegma that collects under a foreskin.

It seems odd that you can retract easily in the shower, but not at other times. For most folk with retraction problems they can retract when flaccid but not when erect due to the foreskin and/or frenulum being too tight (phimosis and/or frenulum breve).

Neither phimosis nor frenulum breve will cure themselves. Stretching exercises are rarely successful in curing phimosis permanently and are never able to cure frenulum breve. On the contrary, they can actually make the problem worse by scarring the thin inner foreskin layer.

It would be best if you could see a urologist for an expert opinion and permanent cure.

• Mark
    1 year ago

The hot water should make it easier to gently stretch in the shower. If not, a bathtub will work better. The exercises take about a month to see results.

• 1 year ago

We are not going to come over and pull your foreskin for you.

• Spike
    1 year ago

You need circumventing, young fella

• 1 year ago

im a believer of circumsion at birth

• balan
    1 year ago

Yes you can do the stretching excercise daily so that the foreskin will move freely both during foaccid and erect stage if ****.Regards.

• Josie
    1 year ago

O.K. so no problem. It probably will do by 17.

I suggest you just keep masturbating daily.

It should not prevent you having sex legally once you hit 16.