Anonymous

21 year old male trying to find an overnight job no one will hire me.?

I applied to like 20 different jobs on indeed within the past 2 weeks and either they didn’t message back or sent me some stupid email saying they’re looking at someone else. If I don’t get a job within a month I’ll be kicked out so I really need to find one.

Favorite Answer

Just keep trying. Some companies have preferences as far as experience goes, but you can take what you know from life in general and apply it to a job as well. Let them know what your skills are. Build a resume. Write a cover letter. Something to make you stand out more than you currently do. Why does it need to be an overnight job? If you are in college, some places that offer part-time jobs will work around your schedule as well.

Why do you need an overnight job??

• Casey Y

There are fewer than days job...that's why I ask.

Try about 70 more places.

First, why are you limiting yourself to overnight jobs. Most jobs are during the day - applying for day jobs will expand your chances. Next, have you tried job fairs, your local one-stop employment office, etc. There are also other web sites with jobs that you should be trying. Finally, are you applying for all jobs regardless - sometimes it takes getting a foot in the door to get started.

Next, make sure your resume is up to date, has no typos, etc. Check the internet for how to use action words to promote yourself. Even if all they require is an application and not a resume, properly phrasing your experience, etc. goes a long way.

• 28AKO

try the local restaurant that stays open 24hrs, walmart, lowes, or something like that.

Maybe there is something wrong with the way you are promoting yourself. If they reject you before seeing you, there is something wrong with you or with your approach. Employers want people with a positive attitude who can do the job and who can work with others to provide whatever goods or services the business sells. Every time we post to job web site or write a CV or apply for a job or go for an interview, we are selling ourselves. You will only buy what is right for you. The same is true of employers. We have to help them to want us by showing how ideal we are for THEIR job. Every job is different so every application and CV will stress different, relevant qualities and achievements.

I wish you success.

Look in your spam folder sometimes emails go there. If you explain your situation in your cover letter you're more likely to get a job.

Wrong approach Start knocking on doors in person. Smiling, clean cut, neatly dressed, resume in hand with references and ready to work on the spot.