Is it true that in San Francisco 1 month rent a quarter costs 4000? Why so expensive?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

1 quarter is 3 months. This means that in your post, rent is 1,333 a month. Is is NOT!!!!!!! expensive. Even 4,000 a MONTH is not expensive in SFO

• 6 months ago

Its as simple as supply and demand. High demand with a limited supply requires the prices to increase...economics 101.

• 6 months ago

Rent control is the reason. Half the city is paying peanuts for space. That restricts the supply so the other half pays massive rents for the very limited supply of deregulated (newer) places.

To add insult to injury, those paying peanuts often have more space than they need and rent out spare rooms on Airbnb. That is so profitable that they do not need a day job. If I was a landlord, I would be foaming at the mouth.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

san fran is a very desirable location so yes, rent is very expensive. there is a lot of history with this city. a gal i knew had 3 jobs and was paying $6000 to rent a 2 bed with a loft...how nuts is that? all because she just wanted to be in the city. and my cousin currently lives there and is paying $2500 for a small two bed, one bath...she's paying $700 more than my mortgage...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

That depends on the place you get.

• 28AKO
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

it's very true CA is very expensive to live in. The minimum wage is higher in this state and everything usually equals out tho.

• Deviant Kitty
      Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

not in this damn state. you can never keep up, with rents on average being $1600+. and that's for a studio, for crying out loud.

• 6 months ago

High tech workers can pay more, so prices go up because the supply of rentals and "to buy" is limited.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.