Should I feel bad that I spat on my abusive father?

A few months ago while my family was in a fight, I spat on my dad out of rage. He didn’t touch me at that time (he was throwing things at my mom) but I guess there was a lot of built in anger inside me because he is truly a disgusting man who has physically, sexually, and emotionally abused my mom even before I was... show more A few months ago while my family was in a fight, I spat on my dad out of rage. He didn’t touch me at that time (he was throwing things at my mom) but I guess there was a lot of built in anger inside me because he is truly a disgusting man who has physically, sexually, and emotionally abused my mom even before I was born. He has also committed crimes revolving around fraud in the past and made it so that my mom, who was never even involved, to be possibly prosecuted as well. Towards me, he has manipulated me my entire life, such as claiming that he would commit suicide if my mom and I ever tried to leave him. The thing that makes me the most disgusted is that he once said that he would rape me. So I did what I did. I didn’t regret it at first, but then I read a few articles saying that spitting is never justified and now I’m confused about how I feel on the moral aspect (I’m aware of the illegal aspect of it. I didn’t infect him with anything though). I know spitting is a very low and vile form of action, but would it ever be justified? Should I feel bad about it?
6 answers 6