Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

Should I feel bad that I spat on my abusive father?

A few months ago while my family was in a fight, I spat on my dad out of rage. He didn’t touch me at that time (he was throwing things at my mom) but I guess there was a lot of built in anger inside me because he is truly a disgusting man who has physically, sexually, and emotionally abused my mom even before I was born. He has also committed crimes revolving around fraud in the past and made it so that my mom, who was never even involved, to be possibly prosecuted as well. Towards me, he has manipulated me my entire life, such as claiming that he would commit suicide if my mom and I ever tried to leave him. The thing that makes me the most disgusted is that he once said that he would rape me. So I did what I did. I didn’t regret it at first, but then I read a few articles saying that spitting is never justified and now I’m confused about how I feel on the moral aspect (I’m aware of the illegal aspect of it. I didn’t infect him with anything though). I know spitting is a very low and vile form of action, but would it ever be justified? Should I feel bad about it?

Yes, that was ridiculously juvenile. You're supposed to CALL THE POLICE when your dad is abusing your mom.

• `

If the above story is accurate, the spitting is disgusting. You should feel bad.

You ALMOST had me until you threw in this

"The thing that makes me the most disgusted is that he once said that he would rape me. "

and now I call bullshit!

• feel proud of it

Hard to tell if you are a troll, or not. You and your mother should have left years ago. [I do know that battered women usually stay. They "love" the man, think he will change, and he is their baby's daddy.] Then so what if he killed himself. That is better than being abused. Your solution is to leave home as soon as you can (but NOT by getting pregnant).

Personaly i can never understnad why poeple put up with these kinds of relationships, but were all diffrent so hey, but no personaly if hed hit my mom id have wrapped a cricket bat around his head, get out get out now