healthy vegan/gluten free snacks?

i’m going vegan n i’m also lactose intolerant so can anyone give me some vegan/gluten free snacks that are healthy?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Some ideas are nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds seaweed (source of valuable nutrients), rutabaga slices, hummus with almost any vegetable, cherry tomatoes, nachos made with vegan cheese, tofu jerky, vegan crackers with vegan cheese or peanut butter and cinnamon, mini cucumbers, and many others.

• Louis
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

In a recent study about half the people who thought they were gluten sensitive were not. Also, a lot of people who did not know they were gluten sensitive were. so unless you have been tested you probably don't need to go gluten-free. it is a food restriction and vegans have enough of those already.

Until you are sure tho you may want to avoid wheat. there are plenty of wheat-free breads you can buy. Everything else made of wheat you can just skip.

• Flour for Algernon
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

I think it's as with anything. If you eat too much, it might have a bad effect. 2 pieces of bread a day aren't likely to harm most people.

• 5 months ago

"Healthy vegan/gluten free snacks?"

There are many snacks that are both healthy and gluten free. Of course even though I'm neither a vegan or a vegetarian, some of my go to snacks are simply fruits. Then there's an assortment of nuts and seeds that can be eaten, and makes good for snacking. Some stores also carries dried fruits such as banana chips They're semi healthy, the unhealthy aspect is they're usually fried), along with dried apricots, and mangos, just to name a couple other options.

• 5 months ago

As a vegan you won't be consuming milk products, so that takes care of the lactose intolerance. As to gluten free snacks, basically everything that doesn't contain wheat. Fruits are a safe bet.

• Pippin
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Wheat isn't the only food with gluten. Rye and barley come immediately to mind.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Tree bark .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.