Do you think the history of your culture is taught enough to the public? Why or why not?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

The people of my culture (Scots) don't depend on others to teach us our culture. We do it among ourselves, because we know we will get it right. If others are interested then so much the better, otherwise it is not our problem. Don't look to anyone else to teach your culture to your children. That's your job.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

If public schools had to teach an in depth history of all the cultures of the world there wouldn’t be enough time for any other subjects, like math.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I think not, because the official teaching institutions (school, university) are designed to train people for compliance and conformity. Therefore, the version of our culture they teach (what they focus on, the aspects they exaggerate or they skip...) is biased, designed to fulfill those goals.

• NONAME
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

not in the slightest...we learn about a whitewashed history of how great all these people were..all the "great" things they did...while convieniently leaving out all the nasty and unfriendly parts...also leaving out the other races and poor people...lol...what a great and made up history we learn in the USA.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jerome
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

No.

Because its his-story not the truth.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes I do.

Because it is.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.