Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 6 months ago

Have I started to masturbate too early?

I remember I discovered masturbation when I was only 8 years old, while playing with my foreskin in the bathtub. Is this weird?

• Mark
    Favorite Answer

Despite what Ron said, you *can* discover masturbation early - by yourself. People who do, tend to have high sex drives. I found how pleasurable mine was, at just 4 y.o. Obviously, I had no idea what it was called - let alone how to spell it - so I never said a word about what I was doing for many years.

Yes, most guys started in 11, 12 years.

• Darren

No, as others have pointed out, some children masturbate even earlier. A kindergarten teacher once told me it's not uncommon to see 5 year old's rubbing themselves at nap time to help them fall asleep.

• Roddy

Firstly, even babies in the womb play with their penis - although it is more a case of simply exploring their bodies and not sexual.

By 8 years old, an uncircumcised boy should be able to fully, freely and painlessly retract his foreskin. Parents should teach him to do this every time he has a bath or shower, so as to maintain proper cleanliness. Many boys discover the 'joys' of masturbation whilst sliding their foreskin back and forth to clean under it. Many others start to 'play' with their foreskin because it itches due to infection under it.

Circumcised boys will, f course, all eventually discover that playing with their penis brings nice feelings, but at least they never have to put up with infections under the foreskin, nor need to daily clean under it.

• ron h

No, you can not discover something about yourself "too early." 8 is MUCH to young for someone to show that to you or explain it in GREAT detail.

• Sam

so do you think if you were circumcised, you would not have discovered it.

I discovered it even earlier, at about 4, while laying in bed early in the mornings, pressing my penis to suppress the urge to pee. I found it pleasurable, so I kept doing it. So at 8 I don't think you were too early.

yes your to young

• ron h

he discovered it himself. He can NOT discover something about himself "too young." But 8 would be many years too young for someone else to show that to him.