Kars
Kars asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 5 months ago

How do I prevent my shirts from being wrinkled after I get them out of the dryer?

I take them out immediately after it stops and fold them but they’re already wrinkled when they come out. I use fabric softener.

Favorite Answer

Don't let them dry all the way. Take them out slightly damp, grab the shirts at the shoulders and snap or shake them out a few times which will help straighten them out (you can also smooth them out by hand), hang them up, and let them dry the rest of the way.

I'm with the answers that say 'Take them out still damp and give them a really hard, sharp shake, then hang them up to finish drying'. If you happen to walk past later, give them another sharp shake: every shake helps them resist creasing.

When you pull the shirts from the dryer give them a whip like snap shake, each one and that removes the crinkles. or Hang them on a line ...a string in your apartment and use a spritz bottle like a plant misting bottle and wet them on the creases and allow it to air dry while on the string. So your apartment looks like a laundry room for a bit of time. That is LIFE. or stop buying 100% cotton and buy a mix as those do not wrinkle. Or JUST DON'T GIVE A SCHITT sometimes works; or wear a sweater over top.

I got an iron and ironing board and both are gathering dust. They have been in the closet for years.

Remove, the shirts, BEFORE the dryer shuts off. Then immediately hang them up.

• elhigh

You have a couple of possible approaches, but if you're wearing wrinkle-prone fabrics like linen or 100% cotton, you're pretty much stuck with ironing.

You can take the shirts out before they're fully dry and hang them, that sometimes works. You can try drying them with so-called dryer balls. I haven't perceived any improvement but some people swear by them. I think those folks are nuts but I'm too nice to tell them so. You can try so-called "wrinkle release" cycles on the dryer but like the dryer balls, I don't think it helps any.

Fold? I think that would do a pretty good job of setting wrinkles in place. Try hanging them.

Get an iron, a good contraption to remove wrinkles.

Peace.

Alternatively.... don't wash them.

quit buying 100% cotton

• Sky

Hang them up on hangers when you take them out of the dryer. Also check the dryer settings to see if there is anything that prevents wrinkles. If all else fails, get out the iron and ironing board.

• Joe

Maybe you are over-filling the dryer?

Try drying wrinkle-prone clothing in smaller batches.

Give them a shake after the wash cycle, put them on hangers and let them dry naturally.

I never use an iron, but maybe you need to press them to lose the wrinkles.