Consulting about tips?

I am a bus driver and I want to make a note so people will leave me some tips in the money box in front of the car

How should I write it

I thought smth like <<if you want to make the driver happy leave him tips >

Is it ok or do you have any other suggestions??

Should I use the word gratuity maybe??

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

What kind of bus driver are you? Public bus drivers aren't allowed to tout for tips.

If you're driving a coach full of tourists, many of them will want to tip you anyway. It's downright tacky to ASK.

• Pontus
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I suggest:

TIPS - never expected, always appreciated.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Bus drivers are not expected, or even allowed, to receive tips. With taxi drivers, it is a different matter. You will make yourself look bad if you post a note like that, and it might even get you fired from your job.

• ...Show all comments
    • Edna
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Pontus: Public bus drivers (city transit buses or Greyhound) are NOT allowed to accept tips, anywhere in the US. They are salaried employees of either the city or the bus company. A tour bus driver MIGHT be allowed to accept a tip, but it's not expected.

• John P
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I might write "If I have driven safely and well, please show your appreciation". Why should anybody want to "make the driver happy"? You are using the wrong tactic.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

I once saw such a sign in a tourist helicopter at Niagara. It simply said, "Tips are appreciated." Whatever wording you choose, don't make it too wordy. Too long a sentence might give smart Alecs a chance to say something that they think is clever, but nobody else does. For example, if you write, "If you want to make the driver happy, leave him tips," the smart Alecs could jump on that and have a laugh at your expense. I'm sure that you could think of how they might do that. Keep it short, keep it simple.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

If he's a city transit driver or a driver for Greyhound and he posts a sign asking for tips, he'll probably be fired.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.