Can I take my ex to small claims court in Florida over an engagement ring?

Update: I proposed to her in Florida where I reside. She currently lives in New York. She ended the relationship. The ring was $3,000. She refuses to return it. Can I file small claims here in Florida and have her served in New York?
12 answers 12