Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 5 months ago

if the place your coming from is so horrible that you seek asylum, why would you hoist the flag of that country?

The majority are not here to be citizens, naturalized.

They are here to make money and send it home, then go back home*, and repeat as they need more.

* The return trip at US tax payers expense when they turn themselves in.

You wouldn't. It'll be your US born children who have zero perspective that'll be doing that.

• Zirp

To signal the people of my ethnicity that they can come over to speak my native language.

but then I'm not from Nigeria or Papua New Guinea

than that means flying a confederate flag is ok?

It's their government, or chaotic lack thereof that is horrible, not their nationality or heritage. These are just people. There are good and bad people no matter where you are from. It's just not always easy to sort them out.

• Tyler

people still have pride in their country, even if it is not suitable for them. my ancestors came from germany in the late 1800's. I like to celebrate the culture and food from there from time to time. I don't fly the flag, but I still have pride in my heritage.

for many, the flag of their home country is still a symbol of that heritage that they bring with them. America is a melting pot of different cultures, adding more doesn't take anything away.

• Roger5 months agoReport

than have pride that I came from the south and flying my confederate flag is ok

You can take the thug out of the third world...

But you can't take the third world out of the thug.

😂 😘 👌 Lolz