Anal gland problems in dogs.?

Hi, I feel like Im cursed. I have a 3 year old mixed dog and a 2 year old lab. Since february this year I have been in and out of vet to this day. My older dog started having anal gland issues after being castrated. His glands would get inflamed the vet would express them give him antibiotics and he would be fine... show more Hi, I feel like Im cursed. I have a 3 year old mixed dog and a 2 year old lab. Since february this year I have been in and out of vet to this day. My older dog started having anal gland issues after being castrated. His glands would get inflamed the vet would express them give him antibiotics and he would be fine for a week and then they would get inflamed/ or infected ( dont know english really well so I dont know how to explain, fluid in his sacs was never thick it was liquidy and his stool is firm, so he shoudl be able to express them himself but he isnt for some reason). Vets tried everything, they expressed them from outside from inside they gave him injections they put stuf in his glands they did everything. Now his glands seem to be fine but he godt ear infection as a sideefect from having problems with his glands this long, now Im treating his ear and I noticed he started locking back at his anus again. He is not licking it but just loocking for now. The problem is I noticed my lab has started licking his butt too, and his anus is a little bit red. They are both eating food recomended by a woman that works at the vet farmacy, they both have firm stools and I dont understand what is the problem, why did they start having this problems this year and didnt have them before. They dont have fleas and my vet sad it is not food alergy. I am so stressed, I dont know what am I doing wrong, please help.
6 answers 6