Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 5 months ago

Do you believe in forgiveness?

• Janet

Always.

But there are two types of forgiveness.

One is forgiving in your heart ... letting go of anger and resentment and facing and healing your pain. This is absolutely and vitally important. Buried anger and resentment has physiological consequences, and can predispose us to immuno-related illnesses that are painful, disabling and incurable. Even cancer.

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die". It only hurts ourselves.

The other type of forgiveness is to let go of your anger and then CONTINUE to see the person, to interact with them. This is not always wise. If the person has deliberately tried to harm you or hurt you ... or if they just keep on doing this over and over and cannot stop it .. then in self-protection, you should NOT continue to interact with them. Even if you have let go of your pain.

• 5 months agoReport

YAK. YAK. YAK. STFU YOU STUPID SLUUT

Forgiveness....yes. However that doesn't mean I want you in my life.

Mmhmm yes I believe in that.

It exists -.- ...........

Yes, it’s a cardinal doctrine in the Catholic faith. The most impressive example of forgiveness is Jesus saying of the men who were crucifying him, “ Father forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

As much as I want to say I do, many instances involving those who have wronged me with full intent for doing it compel me to say otherwise.

ⓂⒾⓄ³

• Kathy

Yes I do believe in forgiveness.

• Joe

Absolutely. But they have to admit wrongdoing, feel terrible and ask for forgiveness. Then, no problem.

forgiveness is really all about you, not the person you're forgiving. it makes much more sense to just let it go sometimes. holding onto all that negativity and bullshit is just stupid.

Once I punish or get even with the person, then maybe we can talk about it a little.

Source(s): .56

I find revenge much more satisfying.