15 Answers

Relevance
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best answer

Always.

But there are two types of forgiveness.

One is forgiving in your heart ... letting go of anger and resentment and facing and healing your pain. This is absolutely and vitally important. Buried anger and resentment has physiological consequences, and can predispose us to immuno-related illnesses that are painful, disabling and incurable. Even cancer.

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die". It only hurts ourselves.

The other type of forgiveness is to let go of your anger and then CONTINUE to see the person, to interact with them. This is not always wise. If the person has deliberately tried to harm you or hurt you ... or if they just keep on doing this over and over and cannot stop it .. then in self-protection, you should NOT continue to interact with them. Even if you have let go of your pain.

• 5 months agoReport

YAK. YAK. YAK. STFU YOU STUPID SLUUT

• 5 months ago

Forgiveness....yes. However that doesn't mean I want you in my life.

• 5 months ago

Mmhmm yes I believe in that.

• 5 months ago

It exists -.- ...........

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Yes, it’s a cardinal doctrine in the Catholic faith. The most impressive example of forgiveness is Jesus saying of the men who were crucifying him, “ Father forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

• 5 months ago

As much as I want to say I do, many instances involving those who have wronged me with full intent for doing it compel me to say otherwise.

ⓂⒾⓄ³

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes I do believe in forgiveness.

• Joe
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Absolutely. But they have to admit wrongdoing, feel terrible and ask for forgiveness. Then, no problem.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

forgiveness is really all about you, not the person you're forgiving. it makes much more sense to just let it go sometimes. holding onto all that negativity and bullshit is just stupid.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Once I punish or get even with the person, then maybe we can talk about it a little.

Source(s): .56
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

I find revenge much more satisfying.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.