Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 5 months ago

Best calcium rich fertilizer?

I’m new to gardening and today when I looked at some of my squash today I noticed some of them had squash blossom end rot and was wondering what the best calcium rich supplement would be for them.

• Edward

You can but it online spry the leaves problem solved

• Ben

That won't help.

It's true that the direct cause of blossom end rot is calcium deficiency, but this is not because of a shortage of calcium in the soil. Rather, it happens because the plant is unable to absorb enough calcium due to a lack of water.

In other words, the solution to your problem is simply to give the plant more water. It would also be a good idea to mulch it, to help retain water in the soil.

You may also want to double-check it actually is blossom end rot. Incomplete pollination also looks very similar to blossom end rot in squashes.

• frank

You could use bone mill, but you probably have problems with watering and morning over cast or shading. Try to make mounds by filling ten gallon pots with soil and inverting them on the ground. Round the mound, and plant at their center. Water regularly, but not before the mound are dry.