My wife got really fat and doesn't wash herself. I plead with her. We went to counseling. What do I do?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Sounds like something more than a typical counselor could deal with. She probably needs as assessment from a psychiatrist because this sounds like an organic mental illness.

• 5 months ago

Keep buying her those gift sets with the soap and lotion etc in the same scent When she asks what is up tell her you hope to find a scent that she likes and will use. I been giving you some of my favorites so you can smell like..... Worth a shot

• Dick
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It's over. By getting fat, she's telling you that you don't mean anything to her. Quit playing her awful games and dump her. Get rid of her. Doctors, counseling, therapy, all will fail. Just dump her. When she got fat she "dumped" you.

Source(s): Guess??
  • Ana
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Divorce if she won’t try to fix it

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • rick
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

When they get fat, you are in a can't win situation. She's lost all pride. ANYTHING you say will cause a fight. She's already ignored her doctor's orders to lose weight. All you can do is get out. Everybody will call you a horse's @ss, but the alternative, of staying with an ever widening fat broad, is worse. Get out now. It won't be easier later.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Marriage is never the easy skipping down the garden path that we think it will be.

And it takes 15-20 years of both people working on self-growth and on the relationship before it can become a rewarding and companionable marriage.

It is good that you went for counselling, but counseling is only as effective as the motivation for both people to work on their own issues.

You can only encourage your wife to get some personal therapy. I suspect she is clinically depressed, and this is self-caused, so the cure is a self-cure. Often it is repressed anger that the person has turned against themselves, rather than against whatever situation/person they are actually angry about.

Women who are depressed usually either overeat or the opposite .. they stop eating. They stop caring about things they usually care about, they lose interest in activities that previously pleased them. They stop doing self-care, and if the depression is severe enough, it might debilitate them to the point where the ONLY thing they can do is get out of bed once a day to pee and brush their teeth ...and then go back to bed. Before that point, hopefully, someone would have taken them into emergency for a psychiatric assessment and treatment.

But at this point, it would make more sense to MAKE her go to the doctor and search for treatments . if that is possible. Meds can help, but the major effort will be in changing what she tells herself, and that is what therapy with cognitive-behavioral therapy is about.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I'd be far more concerned with the stopping of basic hygiene than with her putting on weight. No longer bathing suggests serious depression, and overeating supports that.

Get her in to see her regular doctor and go with her. Tell the doc you worry about depression, because the depressed person often doesn't have the energy or will to take even the simple steps.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Find out what's wrong with her ,pay attention and love her. Ask her what you can do to help her. If she wants to work things out then stick around and do your part of she doesn't then separate.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.