Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 months ago

Does my fiance not respect me?

We have been together for 4 years. We're about to be married next month. We love each other and have worked hard through and for our relationship. He's always been pretty hot headed naturally and he has calmed down a lot over the years. I feel like recently he's been taking his anger out on me.

Today on text, he told me to shut up. I asked him not to say that bc I find it disrespectful. He said "I will. You don't allow me to say anything." I said that was immature. He said: "Fking be quiet. I'm not in the mood. Don't speak to me, I have enough going on & don't need you complaining over little things." I told him he can't take it out on me & I will point out if he's being rude. He replied: "Fking bequiet you're doing my head in. Just fking shut up." He said hes had his own sht goin on&all i care about is him telling me shut up. I said I'm here for you but i wont tolerate disrespect. He said he needs a break from me for a couple days cos ive been selfish,keep complaining. All of this hurt me madly cos were a month from our wedding. I get he was mad. I was wrong to keep going on knowing hes mad but i didn't want to tolerate being sworn at.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

He has issues to work on that have nothing to do with you. He needs therapy before he hurts you physically or just wears you down mentally and emotionally

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

If he takes his anger out on you NOW it would only get worse with passing time.

Move on before you be hurt further

• 4 months ago

He’s already acting up . You may love him , but if he can’t say sorry and agree to change you need to call it off.

• 4 months ago

I was with someone worse than that. Thank God it's over. If you're Catholic and get a divorce it's 50 years before the church will let you remarry... 30 for Baptist.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

But what did you do to make him feel that way

• Emily Rose
      Lv 6
      4 months agoReport

there's no but the problem is with him and his lack of self control he's a hothead with a horrible temper. The only problem the girl has is that she's putting up with a douchebag when she could do better.

• 4 months ago

Im sorry but no he doesn't anyone with a shred of common sense knows that you can't just be mean to people just because you're having a bad day. He's old enough to know better and honestly he's just mad and being a little b*tch because you called him out and he knew he was wrong. He has too much pride for some reason to admit when he's in the wrong. If this is him calmed down and not as much of a hothead i would say it's time to run because even though it's not the worst ever anymore it still sounds pretty bad and you deserve better than someone who has no self control, no respect, and someone who is so condescending. No one needs someone who talks to them as if they're stupid.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

So you mentioned that he’s hot headed so that means he’s reacted like this before with you? If he’s done it before then most likely it’ll continue even after marriage. It’s not about respect it’s just him as a person. I’m sure he’s like that with anyone. It’s more about whether you are okay with accepting his hot headed temper and dealing with it

• 4 months ago

What do you say to all this? try speaking up, if he doesn't stop, you can leave him if you don't feel he's right

• Joe
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

Dump this idiot. What's the matter with you ?

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I'd tell him the wedding is postponed until you can learn in couples counseling how to communicate better. But you're not going to do that because you already bought the dress and starved yourself to be able to fit into it. So I can only say this isn't going to stop just because someone pronounces you man and wife. You're signing up for a lifetime of being talked down to. Good luck.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.