I was driving around 37 in a 30 and I see a cop a camera of some kind so I slowed down,?

I was driving around 37 in a 30 and I see a cop holding what looked like to be a camera of some kind so I slowed down, after I passed he walked away, he never came after me or pulled me over but I’m just worried he got my plate number and could give me a ticket that way, I’m just so worried right now, this is in Tampa Florida.

• Mystic

He was holding a radar gun. They do this a lot to passing cars to clock their speed. Going 7 miles over isn't THAT bad. If he felt you were truly speeding in a harmful/unsafe manner, he would have pursued you. I don't think you have anything to worry about, so relax.

If you were going more like 50 in a 30, then yeah... you would have probably got busted. Most the time if you're less than 10 miles over the designated speed limit for that area/road, you're good. Worst case some cops might stop you and give you a verbal warning, but you aren't likely to get a ticket unless you're going more than 10 miles over the speed limit.

i wouldnt worry about it, if he hasnt bothered you by now he probably wont

I went online on the flhsmv website and entered my driver’s license and their wasn’t anything there, would it be in the system by now or would it take a bit, this happened around 11am and it’s almost 5 now

That would have been a radar gun to detect your speed. You may receive a fine in the mail because cops don't pull speeders over when using a radar gun.

• ?

Stop worrying. What's done is done.

Also, it's highly unlikely he was carrying a camera; if anything, it might have been a radar gun to tell how fast you were going. You said you were driving 37 but you slowed down by the time you passed him. There's usually an allowable buffer of ~10 miles in which they won't bother you. So, 37 was probably ok. 35 was better. And if you were driving 33, even better.

Best wishes.

• Ron

You should worry. They'll be at your door in a day or two with a warrant

Source(s): tickets don't come in the mail unless a red light camera caught you

Well, there is nothing we can either do or say that makes any difference. You will simply have to wait to see if something comes in the mail that includes a ticket for speeding. 7 miles over the limit is speeding, but it may well be that they don't care unless it is at least 10 MPH over the limit.

i wouldnt worry about it, if he was going to give you a ticket you wouldve gotten one by now