A friend insists that environmental factors alone can convert a straight person to a homosexual. I strongly disagree. What do you think?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Only straight Women can change their sexuality

• Truth
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

i think your friend is trying to convince you to have gay sex with him

• Fred
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

You are correct. Back around 1990 a Swedish and an American research team working unknown to each other researched why some people were born to be gay. Both found the same cause which was the featus had inherited a wrong Chromosome which is supposed to turn a certain hormone production in the brain on at puberty to make male brains sexually attracted to females. The female brain is not supposed to receive this hormone but if a wrong chromosome switches it on in their brain then they become sexually attracted to females as a male's brain would.

• 4 months ago

The idea that a person can be converted to another sexual orientation by enviornmental factors has been pushed by homophobes for decades; it still doesn't make it true

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

No one is born gay. People copy it from TV because they think its cool.

• Elizabeth
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Good. In the meantime, I let her know. She doesn't usually come here...

• 4 months ago

I think people should stick to offering opinions on subjects they actually know something about so as to avoid embarrassing themselves.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I would partly agree because environmental factor can convert someone when there young but if mature enough more than likely it wont convert you.

• 4 months ago

This is not true. Gay and straight are sexual orientations. They do not change. Behavior can change in certain circumstances. Straight people isolated from the opposite sex, such as being in prison, single-sex boarding schools, sexually segregated military quarters and so forth sometimes do engage in homosexual behaviors. That does not make them gay. When the situation changes they resume their heterosexual relationships.

• Cogito
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Raoul is right. That sort of sex has nothing to do with attraction. It's all about power and terrorising other prisoners. I know, as I've been working for 20 years in the justice system.

• 4 months ago

Nothing known to man can convert a straight person to homosexual. Sure, it can be faked, or paid for, but the desire to partner with the same sex is inborn.

• 4 months ago

no, nothing can change sexuality. you can suppress it, but not change it. most schools only teach about straight stuff, and most kids are assumed to be straight. still doesnt stop them from being gay if they are, so its the same with straight people

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.