Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 6 months ago

will my parole get violated?

I got a citation for cruelty to animal charge it’s a misdemeanor will it affect my parole?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

I Hope so.. They should lock you back up and add like 10 more years with NO CHANCE OF PAROLE..

• RICK
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You broke the law

Any breaking of the law is violating parole

Whether or not they decide to revoke your parole on a misdemeanor charge is up to your PO and the DA

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

In MY State any new violation of the law is an automatic violation.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

A citation? Has it gone to court and you convicted? If not, a mere accusation may not be. Like, a traffic ticket says pay fine or go to court. , You must of course report it to your PO, immediately.

Maybe. Especially if in the terms of your probation agreement. Like, if you got it for DUI, terms would be: No drinking, no possession , purchase or manufacture of alcohol, no alcohol-related accusations, and attend AAA meetings.

Since I assume you did not get it for animal cruelty, it is up to your P/O. But, Probably if convicted, as any conviction of any misdemeanor or felony can.

But, any accusation by your probation officer of violation must go to hearing. Judge decides, not him.

i was accused of breaking probation rules, I went to hearing over it as procedure. My PO did not "decide", the judge did. He cancelled my probation!

Source(s): Been on probation and parole. Rules are similar for both everywhere in US. Pima County PO Rocky Doxleht, Judge Howard Fell.
    • dauhja6 months agoReport

I got a citation on animal cruelty which is a misdemeanor

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

• `
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It depends on whether the animal wants to file charges.

• 6 months ago

Depends on the terms of your parole. But usually any criminal conviction counts as a violation.

Lv 7
    6 months ago

Any new criminal conviction counts as a parole violation.

• Road warrior
      Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

Can count. Depends on parole terms signed for and PO's decision. Any accusation of violation goes to hearing.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.