Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 5 months ago

What are some household uses for urine?

An average person produces a few gallons per week. There's gotta be a better use than flushing it down the drain.

• james

We use to keep a bucket full in the barn. Covered with wood ash. It was good for tempering steel & making blue steel for wear surfaces. If you still have a barn & shoe horses & mules. A forge. Also done right you can cure leather so hard they it can be used for breast plates & stop arrows shot at you. Near as hard as bronze. You can make salt petter from it. Mixed with coal powder & sulfur it is good for removing tree stumps packed right. It is called Niter at that point. Use to have some medical uses.

please don't store your pee

put it in clean trays and let it evaporate. The residue is high in potassium nitrate. Grind charcoal and sulfur and use 75% charcoal and 15% sulfur and 10% potassium nitrate to make a dough. Some people use water some use stale urine. spread the dough thin in a smooth surface let dry. Using only non metallic tools grind the dry flake and you have black powder. Yes this is how it is done. Once the components are combined use extreme caution. It is highly flammable and explosive.

add it to your compost

and jellyfish wound

Fresh urine is supposed to be a good sterile natural antibiotic on a wound.

I put a copious amount on the floor so I can blame the dog after I wipe my Dong on the curtains.

I frequently pee on the ornamental shrubs. (Also serves to ward off varmints.)

Comes in handy for tanning cowhide.

Use it to fill an ornamental pond in your garden and, of course, you could make novelty ice cubes for those all-important dinner parties.

I believe it can be used to tan leather.