Dragon asked in PetsBirds · 5 months ago

What type of bird is this?

So my friend said he found a baby bird and the parents never showed up so he took him under his wing (Haha) and he doesn’t know what type of bird it is. He thinks it could be a Blue Jay or Cardinal, anybody know what it is or what it might be..?

Btw, the yellow on his wings are not feathers, they are his food. Nugget is a very messy birb :>

2 pointssssssssssssssssssss

• PR

That looks like a Robin. Because the feathers are not fully out of the quills, it cannot fly so the parents can't take care of it on the ground. If the friend can find the nest, they can put it back in the nest and the parent birds will probably take care of it. Your friend might even try making a make-shift nest out of a box, small collander, or something else, and place it in a tree and see if the parent birds come to feed it.

If the parent birds do not come back, he can bring it inside, place in a tissue-lined bowl, and feed it watered-down canned cat food, using a syringe.

Once the feathers are in and it can hop and fly a little bit, the parents might come back for it. Baby Robins cry for the parents, which may draw them to it at that point. Normally, Robins feed fledglings on the ground, until they are strong enough to be on their own, but not when the feathers are not fully formed and cannot fly some.

There is no way to know. Call a bird rescue group.

Haha.

• Dragon5 months agoReport

There are many ways to know and I cannot convince my friend to give Nugget up. He’s already attached. If you don’t know the answer to my question then don’t answer. I didn’t want to know what to do, and I very much am aware that he should call a bird rescue group but there aren’t any in our area.